Thursday, June 17, 2010

Natural Bridge of Alabama

I went here with my dad a LONG time ago when I was a kid and when I found out that my wife and I would be visiting family, I jumped at the chance to work this into the plans.

This was a very neat place to go and once you get to the main attraction it will put you in a state of awe!







The sandstone arch spans 148 feet long and 60 feet high over scenic areas of the forest. There is a huge pit at the bottom of this thing. There is also a muddy path that hugs the interior of the cavern. There is water dripping all around you and I almost slipped and busted my face. On the way back, don't forget to check out the Indian Head.. pretty cool. Also, be sure to grab a drink from the well over by the gift shop.

Good Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment